Service Technician - Full Time
Positions available in Wilmington, NC and our SC cities – Charleston & Johns Island.
As a technician working at Green Dot Heating & Air, you will use your skills to assist our clients in preventative maintenance and service repair of equipment in a safe and professional manner. Like every member of our team, we will rely on you to provide exceptional service to our clients.
Primary Job Function
- Maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers. Diagnose and repair electronic, mechanical, and electrical components of these systems.
- Travel to job sites, and work with teammates to ensure the schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customers.
- Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating weekly basis, to service our customers’ emergency needs.
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle stock, refuel as necessary, and report any mechanical issues, treating it as if it were your own. Vehicles should be washed regularly.
- Maintain proper paperwork, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle in an organized, easy-to-finding fashion.
- Understand company pricing and generate appropriate customer invoices at the job site using Service Titan. Electronically preparing estimates for additional work recommended, electronically processing credit card payments, and obtaining customer signature at completion of the job.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures per call.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate the system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to the customer what the issue is and what needs to be corrected.
- Participating in the company provided training opportunities on the latest industry technologies.
- Personable with our clients and able to discuss Comfort Club maintenance agreements, IAQ’s, and accessories as needed.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to read and interpret manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently, be prompt, making sure the job is completed correctly, and the customer’s needs are taken care of.
- EPA certification
- Clean Driving Record
- Preferred 2+ years Service Tech Experience
- Positive and Enthusiastic Attitude
The above job description is a loose summary of the general nature and level of work required. It does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. All responsibilities, tasks, and other job-related instructions and duties requested by their supervisor must be completed and comply with Federal and State laws.
- An authentic team atmosphere where we take care of each other and operate with kindness.
- Work for leaders who are open to feedback
- A generous PTO policy and holiday pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Opportunity for growth within a rapidly expanding company
Positions available in all three of our locations. See the posting for details.
Installation Professionals of Green Dot HVAC are responsible for installing heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and other equipment following manufacture specifications and manufacture requirements. You will have to install HVAC equipment in customers’ homes, including furnaces, air handlers, indoor coils, UV lights, air cleaners, outdoor units, humidifiers, and more, working under minimum or no supervision.