Installation Professional - Full Time
Positions are available in Wilmington, NC, and our SC cities – Charleston and Johns Island.
As an installer working at Green Dot Heating & Air, you will use your skills to assist our clients in preventative maintenance and service repair of equipment in a safe and professional manner. Like every member of our team, we will rely on you to provide exceptional service to our clients.
Primary Job Function
- Assist in all phases of HVAC new construction installation and troubleshooting
- Install ductwork distribution systems
- Install residential heating and air conditioning equipment to company standards
- Perform system startup and diagnostics for proper velocity, volume, temperature, pressure, etc.
- Prepare records and reports describing procedures, actions taken, and recommended solutions.
- Prepares and submits accurate requests for supplies, materials, and equipment
- Interface with customers and clients
- Train/Coach co-workers
- Make routine adjustments to maximize operational efficiency
- Follow all company safety guidelines, including donning Personal Protective Equipment and Fall Protection
- Ability to read and follow blueprints, drawings, design specifications, and manufacturer’s instructions to install compressors, motor condensing units, evaporators, piping, and other components.
- Basic working knowledge of National and local HVAC and Electrical codes
- Plan, organize work, and meet all deadlines
- Originate necessary documents, forms, reports, etc. and queries various computer work systems to extract information concerning projects, materials, or services
- Material coordination; Coordinates with Project Manager in the identification of proper and correct materials
- Inspect and diagnose problems to determine corrective repairs
- Ensures proper housekeeping practices are strictly observed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with the ability to read and interpret operations and product manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently, be prompt, ensure the job is completed correctly, and the customer’s needs are taken care of.
- Preferred 2+ years of HVAC Experience
- Valid Driver License
- Able to pass a drug test and background check
- Ability to lift 50+lbs
- Able to lift, stand, bend and pull continuously
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- New construction experience
- EPA Certification
The above job description is a loose summary of the general nature and work required. It does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. All responsibilities, tasks, and other job-related instructions and duties requested by their supervisor must be completed and comply with Federal and State laws.
- An authentic team atmosphere where we take care of each other and operate with kindness.
- Work for leaders who are open to feedback
- A generous PTO policy and holiday pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Opportunity for growth within a rapidly expanding company
Positions available in all three of our locations. See the posting for details.
Service Technicians of Green Dot HVAC maintain and repair air conditioners and other indoor air quality systems, perform emergency repairs, and warranty services. You will also be required to assist in repairing and calibrating systems and replacing various components such as transformers, thermostats, and compressors.